Before Your Surgery
If you have been scheduled for a procedure, our PreOp nurse will contact you to complete your confidential and mandatory health history. You can start this process now by filling out an online Pre-Admission Form. It is important that you complete this process prior to your date of service so as to avoid cancellation of your procedure. This information will be reviewed by an anesthesiologist so that he or she may be able to adequately plan for your care. Your surgeon may order lab work, EKG or X-rays. You may be asked to go to an outside laboratory or your Primary Care Physician for these tests. It is best to have your tests done about three days before you are scheduled for your procedure. PLEASE TAKE THE PHYSICIAN ORDER SHEET WITH YOU FOR YOUR TESTS.
Other things to consider:
- Please arrange for a responsible adult to accompany you to and from the Surgery Center. If you have had any sedation/anesthesia someone should stay with you for the first 24 hours after your procedure.
- Do not take aspirin or aspirin-containing products for at least one week before your surgery
- Products such as Advil, Aleve, Ibuprofen, Motrin etc. can also increase your risk of bleeding post-operatively.
- Do not take herbal supplements for 1 week prior to surgery
If you are taking any herbal medications or diet pills, please discontinue use two weeks before your surgery. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.
- If you are having a procedure on your legs or feet, please ask your surgeon if you need crutches. They may be rented from most pharmacies and grocery stores.