Matthew A. Neumann, M.D.
Dr. Neumann is a Baton Rouge native who completed both undergraduate and graduate education at LSU, graduating Summa Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Science in Biological Sciences in 2009. He graduated from LSU School of Medicine in New Orleans in 2013. He completed both his residency in Physical Medicine as well as his Pain Medicine fellowship at LSUHSC in New Orleans. Dr. Neumann is Board Certified in both Pain Medicine as well as Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
Dr. Neumann specializes in injection therapy to reduce pain with a focus on treating pain originating from the spine. Dr. Neumann also offers treatment for non-spine pain as well. He provides care for conditions such as low back pain, neck pain, headaches, knee pain post total-knee replacement, neuropathic pain, spinal stenosis, sciatica, complex regional pain syndrome, and phantom limb pain among many others.
Specific areas of expertise include:
- Cervical, Thoracic, Lumbar and Sacral epidural steroid injections
- Facet injections
- Medial branch blocks
- Radiofrequency ablation
- Sacroiliac joint injections
- Image-guided tendon and bursa injections
- Image-guided shoulder, knee and hip intra-articular injections
- Spinal cord stimulator trials
- Occipital nerve blocks for headaches
- Intercostal Nerve Blocks for thoracic pain
- Ganglion Impar Blocks for Coccyx pain
- Geniculate Blocks for knee pain
- Sympathetic blocks including celiac, stellate and hypogastric plexus
- Botox ® injections for migraines, spasticity and cervical dystonia.
Dr. Neumann and his wife are very involved in the Baton Rouge community. In his spare time, he enjoys playing music, attending LSU games, restoration projects, traveling and spending time with family and friends.